Advanced Wound Care
Hyalomatrix® Hyaluronic Acid Wound Device
Naturally Powerful Protection
Hyalomatrix is a bi-layered, sterile and flexible advanced wound care device. It is ideally suited for a range of partial and full-thickness wounds, second-degree burns, pressure ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, trauma wounds, and draining wounds.
Hyalomatrix is a non-woven pad comprised of a wound contact layer made of a derivative of hyaluronic acid (HA) in fibrous form with an outer layer comprised of a semipermeable silicone membrane. The wound contact layer is a biodegradable matrix, and it acts as a 3D scaffold for cellular invasion and capillary growth, able to be colonized by fibroblasts and onto which extracellular matrix components are regularly laid down, facilitating an ordered reconstruction of the dermal tissue. The silicone layer controls water vapor loss and provides protective coverage of the wound surface.
The Hyalomatrix Advantage
- Conveniently conformable to a variety of wound sizes
- Minimizes risk of bacterial contamination with protective and flexible covering
- Simplifies monitoring – wound can be inspected without matrix removal
- Controls water vapor loss with semipermeable layer
Hyalomatrix is a US 510(k) cleared medical device for the management of wounds including:
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Second-degree burns
- Ulcers (pressure, venous, diabetic and chronic vascular)
- Surgical wounds (donor sites/grafts, post-Mohs micrographic surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence)
- Tunneled/undermined wounds
- Trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, skin tears)
- Draining wounds.
For complete product information, please refer to product IFU.