ORTHOVISC®: A High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid Injection
The Trusted Brand for Over 20 Years
Orthovisc is an ultra-pure, high molecular weight injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) viscosupplement used to treat the joint pain caused by osteoarthritis. It is comprised of highly purified sodium hyaluronate (NaHA) in physiologic saline, and it is both biocompatible and resorbable.
Orthovisc is a non-animal sourced viscosupplement that may provide up to 6 months of efficacy with only 3 to 4 injections.1,2 The effectiveness of the Orthovisc treatment is partially based on the product’s delivery of one of the highest concentrations of HA (15 mg/mL) currently available in a multi-injection treatment.3
Orthovisc is provided in a single-use syringe, and it is injected into the joint in a series of 3 to 4 intra-articular injections spaced one week apart.
The Orthovisc Advantage
- Reduction in joint pain & improvement in functionality1,2
- Long-lasting results through 26 weeks1
- No confirmed pseudoseptic reactions reported3
- Natural, non-animal sourced HA
Orthovisc is indicated for the treatment of osteoarthritis pain in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy and to simple analgesics.
In the United States and Canada, Orthovisc is approved solely for use in the knee.
In the European Economic Area and other parts of the world, Orthovisc is approved for use in all synovial joints.
For complete product information, please refer to product IFU.
- Brandt KD, Block JA, Michalski JP, Moreland LW, Caldwell JR, Lavin PT. Efficacy and safety of intra-articular sodium hyaluronate in knee osteoarthritis. ORTHOVISC Study Group. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2001; (385):130 – 43.
- Neustadt D, Caldwell J, Bell M, Wade J, and Gimbel J. Clinical effects of intraarticular injection of high molecular weight hyaluronan (ORTHOVISC) in osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized, controlled, multicenter trial. J. Rheumatology 2005; (32): 1928-36.
- Anika data on file