Soft Tissue Repair
Anika’s full portfolio of soft tissue fixation solutions includes implants and instrumentation used in a range of sports medicine procedures to repair damaged ligaments and tendons in the shoulder, knee, hip, and distal extremities. Our products are designed to address the challenges and meet the needs of various orthopedic procedures to ensure optimal performance and successful outcomes. These products are designed and manufactured by Parcus Medical®. Parcus® has joined Anika.
Explore a selection of our Soft Tissue Fixation Solutions:
ATLAS – Anatomic Thumb Ligament Arthroplasty System
The Anika ATLAS CMC Arthroplasty system provides a unique method for stabilization of the thumb metacarpal following trapezial resection or removal for the treatment of CMC arthritis. The ATLAS technique provides rapid return to function by placing stable suture-based anchor fixation at the anatomic insertion sides of the thumb basal ligament.
The ATLAS technique supports and maintains the thumb and index metacarpals in proper relationship, while allowing for healing and scar tissue formation in the trapezial space.
- Suspensory CMC arthroplasty construct does not require a tendon graft harvest
- Small insertion footprint & sub-cortical fixation for a strong, stable, bone sparing technique
- Anatomic insertion sites allow for early range of motion and early return to activities
Synd-EZ Syndesmosis Repair
The Synd-EZ kit provides a solution for damage to the syndesmosis joint which connects the tibia and fibula bones of the lower leg. This simple yet effective device is designed to help stabilize the ankle and is available in stainless steel and in titanium.
Advantages of suspensory fixation techniques for syndesmosis repair include
- Improved reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws1
- Supports early weightbearing and accelerated rehabilitation1
- No need for routine implant removal
- Available in configurations for use with or without a fracture plate
- Adjustable knotless construct simplifies the surgical procedure
- Counter traction suture and tension handle allow for a smooth tensioning of the construct
Knotless AP Biocomposite Push-In Suture Anchor
The Knotless AP Biocomposite Suture Anchor for rotator cuff and instability repairs features a biocomposite material of 30% β-TCP (tricalcium phosphate microparticles) and 70% PLGA (poly L-lactide-co-glycolide) (85/15) that has a proven record as a safe and effective absorbable material and has been used in the industry for over 10 years. This material has been developed such that it will maintain the necessary strength to insert successfully and provide the necessary resistance to pull-out long enough for the body to heal and then, over time, break down, be absorbed into the body and eventually replaced by bone. The presence of the osteoconductive β-TCP will allow for boney replacement at the insertion site as the anchor is absorbed.
- Biocomposite material with a 10+ year proven record of safety and efficacy
- Knotless design provides a step-saving alternative to conventional “knotted” suture anchors and eliminates “knot stacks” associated with soft tissue irritation
AcTiFlip Button Fixation System
The AcTiFlip Button Fixation System allows surgeon to reliably tension and repair the biceps tendon using either a bicortical or unicortical technique. The AcTiFlip is offered in two configurations. The innovative “Cinch Loop” option saves time in the operating room. The “Infinity Loop” option is designed for conventional
whip stitching of the biceps tendon.
- Allows for either a unicortical or bicortical technique
- “Cinch Loop” configuration saves time in the OR by eliminating whipstitching of the tendon
- AcTiFlip inserter allows for reliable insertion of the device
To Learn more about our Soft Tissue Fixation solutions, please Click Here
- Naqvi GA, et al. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40(12):2828-2835. doi:10.1177/0363546512461480.
Parcus and Parcus Medical are registered trademarks of Parcus Medical, LLC.