Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Bedford, MA
The Vice President Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and administration of the company’s human resources strategies and programs, including talent acquisition, E,D, and I initiatives, total rewards, employee and leadership development and training, employee engagement, culture initiatives, talent management, performance management and employee relations programs. This will include establishing long-range human resource strategies and practices for the organization to meet specific business objectives. As a key member of the executive management team, this role has the responsibility to identify opportunities to optimize revenue, expand markets base, and control cost to meet the growth goals of the Company.
Reports to: Cheryl Blanchard, CEO
HR Organization: Leads a team of 7 HR Professionals
- Oversee an effective talent acquisition program that identifies and attracts outstanding talent into the organization including E, D, and I initiatives
- Provide leadership regarding succession planning; Oversee management training and development programs to meet future growth needs
- Be responsible for a comprehensive Total Rewards Strategy to include assessment and analysis of current best practices with regards to base compensation, short and long term incentives, and use of equity; ensure competitive compensation and benefit programs which meets internal equity and external competitiveness requirements
- Lead a performance management system that supports strategic human resource initiatives and meets corporate employee appraisal and pay-for-performance philosophy
- Lead programs and initiatives that maximize employee engagement and promote a healthy and vibrant company culture
- Lead training and development strategy to include:
- Identification of key performers; preparation and execution of individual development plans
- Development of management training for first line managers and supervisors
- Oversight of technical training requests and budgets
- Management of health and welfare plans for US operations to include plan offerings and design, costs, and implementation; negotiate contracts with key vendors
- Oversee, develop, and implement employee personnel policies and practices to comply with local, state, provincial and country laws; ensure compliance and take action as appropriate to resolve issues or concerns; actively manage legal issues as required
- Lead and promote proactive employee relations practices
- Promote the use of technology to streamline departmental administrative, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for efficiency and cost control
- Lead and/or participate in other projects as assigned
- 15+ years’ experience in Human Resources management and prior experience as a member of a senior leadership team in the HR function.
- Experience/expertise in the medical device/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated career experience as a Human Resources Generalist.
- Professional demeanor and personal presentation—be a collaborator and team player who recognizes that leadership is based on influence, credibility, trust, and respect.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
Collaborating and Influencing
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both act as true peers and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
- Understands how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments affect own business or institution.
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals.
- Creates plans that address specific segments or contrasts local market with other locations or segments.
- Thinks 2-3 years ahead.
- Provide leadership and accountability to meet corporate objectives.
- Oversee the design and implementation of programs, projects and activities which support the growth and culture of the company.
- Optimize resources within assigned areas to maintain compliance standards and cost discipline.
- Create a positive image of Anika Therapeutics through communication and interaction with key stakeholders including employees, customers, partners, vendors, and appropriate government and regulatory authorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.