Supply Chain Manager
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for assisting in the SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) methodologies, managing the procurement activities for ordering of all incoming raw materials, develop inventory plan, management of cycle count and physical inventory program, standardized business analytics and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting that ensures performance across Anika Therapeutics product portfolio life cycle. The position will interact with other departments to resolve issues and meet customer requirements. All activities will be conducted within cGMP requirements and corporate policy.
- Maintain all production planning activities for finished goods inventory control, manufacturing, packaging, external manufacturing, and distribution.
- Primary interface on schedules, lead weekly production planning meetings; work closely with internal customers to initiate production requests, work orders, and process orders to meet contractual obligations and safety stock targets for OTIF performance.
- Run SIOP process with focus on KPI performance for contract compliance, forecast accuracy, capacity planning, warehouse optimization, and explore options for improved distribution and inventory strategies.
- Manage the procurement team to ensure all activities for ordering of all incoming raw materials, critical raw materials and components based upon production schedule. Ensure the schedule corresponding raw materials for all production related activities, including commercial requirements, special projects, new products and existing product changes.
- Collects and analyzes raw material and WIP inventory/expiry. Identify and manage slow moving, expiry or obsolete inventory. Develop and implement programs to reduce E&O exposure.
- Work closely with Production Planning, Sourcing, QC/QA and Manufacturing to understand the total requirements for purchased materials.
- Develop and maintain metrics to rate suppliers on quantity, quality, and consistent on-time delivery. Manage relationships with material suppliers and negotiate contracts and pricing.
- Coordinate weekly material priorities with key personnel to assure on-time material disposition.
- Work with QA and Procurement to qualify secondary sources.
- Ability to resolve day-to-day issues and situations that arise as related manufacturing materials.
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase productivity in response to ever changing business needs.
- Provide the oversight and management of the Cycle Count Program in collaboration with the Warehouse Manager, Physical Inventories, and Program Administration.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Maintain all activities to meet 100% OTIF for contract manufacturing business.
- Own the supply chain, procurement, purchasing, sourcing, and external manufacturing aspects of the business.
- Own the design, implementation and maintenance of Anika’s inventory plan including budgeting, cycle count, and physical inventory. Improve overall inventory performance in terms of turns, E&O, and working capital. Develops respective performance metrics.
- Champion the use of best practices for procure and source. Ensure contract compliance with key suppliers, supplier performance scorecards, vendor managed inventories, and ensure all activities for ordering of all incoming raw materials, critical raw materials, and components based upon production schedule.
- Manage strategic contracts with vendors, suppliers, and third-party contract manufacturing organizations.
The position requires strong analytical and persuasive skills. Routinely influencing external suppliers is a fundamental responsibility of this position. Identifying and resolving differences between company and supplier objectives as well as the customer requirement, involves regular contact with supplier management and decision makers. Management of the internal requirements is a key role of the position. Specifications, quality, delivery, cost requirements need to be understood and managed.
Responsible for supervision of Buyer/Planner and one or more Buyer Associates
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline or relevant experience, a Mathematics, Engineering, or Supply Chain degree is a strong asset for this role.
- At least 5 years purchasing/planning experience with emphasis on manufacturing in regulated industry (medical/bio-tech preferred).
- A Master degree or MBA may serve as a substitute for 2-3 years of experience depending on degree relevance and complexity.
- Knowledge of quality system regulations and MRP/ ERP systems (SAP preferred).
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- APICS certification, CPIM, or CPM.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with manufacturing, quality, marketing/sales, finance and engineering departments.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time.
- Ability to influence others to action.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Prior contract/supplier relationship management.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.