Location: Bedford, MA
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Bedford, MA location. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounting processes associated with month end close, including journal entries, account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, and other general accounting functions as assigned. This position will work closely and collaborate with the members of the accounting team as well as the commercial team.
- Day to day transactional accounting including customer invoicing, managing accounts receivable and collections
- Prepare daily banking reconciliation to ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately to the general ledger
- Prepare bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll journal entries in SAP
- Fixed asset accounting
- Support the month end close process including posting journal entries and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile all intercompany accounts and record entries, as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to create more efficient accounting processes
- Support and enhance a strong system of internal controls over financial reporting, including SOX compliance and documentation
- Support the financial audits and the internal SOX 404 audits, including the preparation of supporting schedules
- Participate in special ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 2-5 years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Experience in accounting ERP software; SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate to solve problems and achieve results
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Willingness to continue job knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining networks, and participating in professional organizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.