The Shipper Receiver is responsible for activities related to the receiving of raw materials, control of inventory and shipment finished goods. The position follows established procedures in the execution of daily activities.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Perform all activities within the confines of the Quality System and cGMP principles.
- Participate in projects and activities which support the growth efforts of the Company
- Maintain cost discipline within assigned programs
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Receive incoming raw materials to according to SOP; identify variances and coordinate with purchasing and/or requisitioner to resolve
- Place material into inventory according to identifying information and maintain physical control of inventory
- Respond to requests from Manufacturing and Packaging departments to fill WIP orders from raw material inventory
- Responsible for timely and accurate shipment of finished goods both in the US and internationally
- Coordinate with freight carriers to determine best shipping method and pricing to meet customer requirements
- Maintain ERP system with all material transactions into and out of inventory and complete required documents for QSR compliance
- Responsible for month end inventory verification and/or cycle counts as assigned
- Participate in physical inventory count as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The position works on assignments that are routine in nature where cGMP experience is required in order to perform work activities. The Shipper Receiver normally receives little instruction on routine work and detailed instructions and training on new assignments.
- High School diploma or GED or related expereince
- Experience with a computerized MRP/ERP system
- Experience utilizing pallet jacks and lifts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Associates degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience
- Fork lift license
- Experience with of freight carriers, terms and international shipping requirements
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel from all areas of the organization