Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Bedford, MA
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Senior Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for various aspects of the monthly financial close including treasury, equity, intercompany allocations, and various accruals (i.e. clinical and general) among others. In addition, the Senior Staff Accountant will prepare various financial schedules for SEC reporting purposes, and support testing and documentation of internal controls. This is a hands-on role where anything and everything in the finance and accounting group applies.
- Maintains and produces journal entries and account reconciliations for both daily ongoing business activities and month-end close, including key areas like the clinical trial accrual, revenue tie-outs, and equity adjustments
- Responsible for stock-based compensation tracking and subsystem reconciliation
- Supports SEC data compilation and reporting
- Supports quarterly and year-end audits
- Monitors intercompany activity and drives monthly cross-entity reconciliation process
- Serve as a back-up to the Staff Accountant for revenue accounting and customer billings
- Participates in preparation for reporting on effectiveness of controls as required by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 5+ years of experience
- Depth of skills in accounting (both financial and managerial), reporting and analysis
- SAP experience preferred
- Biotech/medical device and public company experience a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills, ability to present financial information in a meaningful, understandable way both internally and externally
- Ability to question norms and respectfully challenge others
- Good team building skills including trust, professionalism, and be able to garner consensus across diverse groups
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively with strong organizational skills
- Robust internal controls understanding and documentation of relevant financial processes and transactions
- Detail oriented, ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft office suits and related tools
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.