Senior Reliability Engineer
This Senior Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining reliability practices which ensure optimal levels of equipment reliability and availability. This position will develop and implement an asset lifecycle strategy for the site’s critical assets. The Reliability Engineer will be accountable for all maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of utilities systems, manufacturing equipment, and facility support equipment. The Reliability Engineer will utilize tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), equipment criticality analysis, and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) in order to identify, resolve, and prevent equipment/system failures.
- Develops and manages the organization’s reliability program.
- Develops and manages asset criticality procedures.
- Develops preventive and predictive equipment maintenance plans.
- Identifies and implements current predictive maintenance technologies and manages the PdM program.
- Performs maintenance assessments in order to optimize equipment/system maintenance strategies as they relate to preventive and predictive maintenance tasks and inspections.
- Provides technical analysis and trouble-shooting assistance for facility processes as well as mechanical and electrical systems.
- Facilitates RCFA and ensures the root causes are identified, corrective actions implemented, and follow-up monitoring performed as necessary.
- Develops asset management SOPs for Facilities Maintenance
- Provides technical assistance to other departments, and provides training to junior engineering personnel.
- Assures quality and consistency in technical documents/deliverables.
- Conducts materials/parts evaluation and selection to ensure proper materials/parts are used.
- Participates on various committees and cross functional teams.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Supports utility capacity planning, facility master planning, and business continuity planning.
- Provides reliability maintenance input to projects in order to assist in designing equipment/systems that have a high level of reliability with low life-cycle cost.
- Performs life-cycle financial modeling for assets and technical solutions.
- Constructs detailed technical proposals and draft bid documents as required.
- Supports site design and construction teams for manufacturing assets, utility assets, and infrastructure assets.
- Supports commissioning activities for all upgrades, renovations, and construction projects which may include, but is not limited to, PM job plans, maintainability assessments, critical spares identification and authoring of documentation.
- Provides design comments and ongoing representation at job-meetings, scheduling equipment operation training by vendors, coordinating punch-list preparation and centralizing document turnover to major projects.
This job requires a level of technical proficiency in multiple skill areas and the ability to interpret complex information to solve problems.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, oil analysis, infrared thermography, ultra sound and motor current analysis.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Root Cause Failure Analysis, Equipment Criticality Ranking, PM/PdM optimization, and/or Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cGMP.
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Certified Plant Engineer, or Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Biologics, Pharma, or Medical Device industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and problem solving.
- Experience in reliability engineering.