Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager (PM) will work directly with the Executive Director of Global Marketing to prepare the commercial organization for the launch of CINGAL. The SPM will lead the conceptualization, development, and tactical execution of promotional strategy for the launch of CINGAL in the US.
The SPM will also have Global responsibilities to support the development of promotional materials for use outside of the US. Responsibilities for the CINGAL Brand include the analysis and incorporation of market research results, advisory board feedback, competitor activities, and current and future market events, such as new product launches. The SPM will manage and direct the creative Agency of Record (AOR) staff to ensure that all promotional materials align to the overall brand strategy, are relevant and impactful, and are launched in a timely manner. The SPM will ensure that the allocated budget is managed appropriately. Additionally, the SPM will establish productive and fruitful working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in developing the organizations commercial capabilities while planning for and eventually launching the organizations first managed injectable, CINGAL.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities during Launch Preparation:
The Senior Product Manager will work closely with the Executive Director of Marketing to support the day-to-day tactical execution of the following projects for the launch of CINGAL to ensure that the:
- Payer Agency is hired & onboarded
- Brand Agency is hired
- Market Sizing & forecasting model is completed
- Payer market landscape assessment is completed
- Payer value proposition development & payer positioning is completed
- 3PL RFPs selection process begins and meets all timeline key milestones so state licensing can begin
- State licensing is initiated and meets all key milestones
- Wholesaler Selection and Distribution Agreement process is initiated and HUB RFP process is initiated
- Develop SOPs & services to address government pricing policies
- Segment & Engage Specialty Pharmacies for distribution contracts.
- Payer & trade pre-launch materials completed
- GTN, Business Impact, & ASP models completed & vetted
- HUB Selection completed
- Data Warehouse & master data management implementation completed
- Business Intelligence & reporting implementation
- HUB training initiated
- Sales Force trained
- Support the tactical execution of a Full Promotional Launch
Collaborate with sales leadership to ensure that the development and implementation of programs, tools, and services incorporate field input, and are executed with consistency nationwide.
- Conduct field visits as necessary to gain additional customer insights, as well as evaluate effectiveness of marketing programs, collateral, and services.
- Participate in brand Promotional, Scientific, Medical and Regulatory committee for all promotional materials.
- Monitor and/or establish performance metrics for all initiatives/tactics, maximize high ROI activities, and adjust the investment or the tactic itself for lower-performing initiatives. Collaborate with Market Research team and internal stakeholders to develop business intelligence activities and gather competitive intelligence as well feedback on programs.
- Track the impact of marketing strategies and on sales performance.
- Manages a variety of third party vendors, from concept to implementation on a large budget for projects that are considered business critical with a high amount of independence.
- Determine and approves cost, packing, production and distribution for promotional materials, web sites, campaigns and advertisements.
B.A. or B.S. required, MBA preferred
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 5 years of proven successful marketing experience with a managed injectable/biologic for a manufacturer in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Recent U.S. pharmaceutical/biotech marketing launch experience
- Pharmaceutical/biotech industry sales experience
- A proven track record in influencing without authority
- Highly organized and process driven
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel