Senior Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the AP/Payroll Manager, the Senior Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the bi-weekly payroll processing and related activity. In addition, this position will have responsibility for processing of Accounts Payable invoices.
- Processes bi-weekly payrolls and all other compensation for companies and employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs payroll processing and record keeping activities including terminations, retroactive adjustments, and other special processing.
- Responsible for processing and reconciling deductions including all forms of garnishments and taxes according to state and federal guidelines. Ensures timely and accurate payments to all agencies.
- Maintains audit trails and internal controls on payroll activities to ensure data integrity. Participates in implementing new payroll processes.
- Monitors timekeeping activity (excessive overtime; salaried exceptions; negative earned time; missed punches; etc.) and alerts managers to take appropriate action. Notifies Manager and HR Partners of any potential problems or abnormal patterns.
- Researches and resolves employee payroll issues by collecting and analyzing information. Interacts with employees and manager to help resolve issues. Audits payroll requests and alerts managers and HR Partners when payments appear to conflict with established pay policies and procedures.
- Maintains general knowledge of payroll and related federal and state wage/tax laws.
- Audit and process employee expense reports via SAP Concur
- Processing of AP Invoices to correct general ledger accounts and company codes.
- Responsible for obtaining invoice approval and tracking unapproved invoices.
- Review and match all vendor invoices with corresponding purchase orders.
- Rectify any discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders by communicating with both vendors and Anika’s purchasing department.
- Assists in other assignments or special projects within the department as needed.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature requiring limited judgement. Has little or no role in decision making. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Associate degree
- 2-5 years’ experience in payroll function
- In depth knowledge of payroll processes and concepts tax reporting and accounting principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required
- Experience with ADP, Concur and SAP preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while meeting strict deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.