Senior Manager, Sales Education
Location: Bedford, MA, Franklin, MA, Remote, Sarasota, FL
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Sales Education Manager works with Sales, Marketing, Sales Management, and Sales Operations to 1) develop and implement sales education programs designed to train internal sales team members, distributor reps and other Anika team members on the safe and effective use of Anika’s products; and 2) ensure our sales personnel are effectively enabled to act as sales consultant to HCPs, and others involved in the customer buying process.
The Manager is responsible for, in conjunction with surgeon faculty, the conception, creation, planning, and execution of Sales Training events, trainings, and activities in support of Anika products, procedures and therapies. The Manager is also responsible for developing and delivering all sales training strategy, curriculum, and content. This position requires OR-based training experience, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform independently at high-levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Develop and manage comprehensive, multi-level training programs, including online programs, simulators, and live presentations for the Sales team and faculty
- Partner and collaborate with sales directors and territory managers to tailor sales training and medical education events and hands-on clinical training to meet specific market needs
- Manage Anika sales representative training for new product introduction and/or process changes and assign cost value relationships to corresponding events
- Manage and follow-up training to ensure attainment of qualifications and achievement of training requirements and ensure job performance is in accordance with training SOPs
- Develop content to support national sales meeting and other sales enabling events
- Develop educational strategy, tactical plan and event calendar
- Mange sales enablement budget and third-party vendors
- Make regular field visits to evaluate customer training needs. Initiate, design and implement training programs to address these requirements/needs
- Partner with R&D and Marketing on managing and developing new product launches, market acceptance, case data follow-up reports, videos, and video consents
- Global product ownership of the Learning Management System. Collaboratively defining modern learning capabilities and functionality, complementing Global Professional Education strategies
- Collaborate with IT along with regional and local markets to implement the Learning Management System strategy and complete tactical plan
- Develop and track training KPIs/benchmarks, facilitate the sharing of insights/lessons learned and work closely with the Commercial Operations team
- Utilize data to uncover behavioral insights and ensure the Learning Management System contributes meaningful and impactful customer value
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop webinar content, and conduct webinars with faculty and team members; develop content to support learning programs and other activities as needed
- Work with the company’s Compliance and Regulatory functions to ensure efficient processes for HCP engagements and trainings and associated materials
- Manage training logistics, budgeting, and training costs for Sales Enablement events
- Perform other duties as assigned
High level of complexity. Position has primary responsibility to lead the execution of all Sales enablement events, trainings and activities. The job entails the development and execution of activities on multiple levels, both strategic and tactical, requiring strong, intuitive and decision-making abilities with action orientation. Because the position requires management of numerous activities, priorities and customer contacts on a regular basis, the job requires the individual to have significant organizational abilities and intuition regarding type of communication to be most effective. The position also requires skillful management of surgeon relationships.
Potential leadership associated with organizational growth
Needs to work well with internal teams
Ability to influence others
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- A. or B.S. minimum requirement; MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred with experience in the medical device, biotech and or life sciences industries
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in professional sales training, or equivalent in sales position and 3 or more years of management experience with proven track record of success in a results-oriented environment
- Professional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and the ability to perform at high levels independently and remotely
- Strong interpersonal skill and experience training in an OR setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong project management skills
- Must be able to work in a virtual and remote environment as required
- Travel requirements ~50%.
Preferred Attributes, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated clinical mastery related to surgical devices and orthopedics experience strongly preferred
- Prior adult learning/teaching experience
- Clinical background such as RN, PT, PA, OT or other related field desirable
- Field sales experience desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.