Senior Demand Planner
Location: Bedford, MA
In this new role, the Sr. Demand Planner will develop and manage the demand plans for the entire companies finished goods portfolio. This position will be responsible for creating rolling 18-month sku-level demand plans that drives the overall production and supply decisions. The Senior Demand Planner will work on a cross functional basis to develop the consensus demand by closely collaborating with sales business planners, operations and product marketing. This position will utilize statistical forecasting and analytics derived from point of sales data, key distributor forecasts, product plans, and promotional plans to formulate the consensus demand plan for the overall business. The Sr. Demand Planner will also be a participant in the SIOP process, ensuring risk and opportunities are documented and reviewed regularly. This role will need to manage cross functional inputs and requirements effectively. The Sr. Demand Planner will also be responsible for assisting in the development of business intelligence tools such as forecast accuracy KPI’s, root cause analytics, and other ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Collaborate with Anika’s International and US commercial teams to monitor, assemble, review, and advise on the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Utilize historical sales trends, key cross-functional inputs (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Clinical, R&D, and Finance), and statistical models in the development of a consensus demand plan.
- Assess and improve the overall forecasting process including collection of inputs, identification of new sources of relevant information, forecast model selection and validation, and system use.
- Highlight risks and opportunities to the business, and work collaboratively to implement any forecast changes through the appropriate channel
- Support the business in developing business insights that provide the organization with high value information with respect to its consumers, customers, products and the financial health of the business
- Assist in Demand Planning system development, maintenance, and improvement activities
- Define and document the regional forecast accuracy metrics and KPIs, ensuring all team members understand the goal and how they contribute to its achievement. Accountable to achieve set targets and drive for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate in the SIOP meetings, by developing and publishing reports and analytics for review.
This position requires knowledge of advanced forecast modeling, statistical techniques, and data extrapolation and computation. It requires the ability to clearly and effectively collaborate and communicate cross functionally, interact internally with peers and management, and may interact with customers. The position exercises broad judgment within generally defined practices and policies, and acts as advisor to support decision making processes.
- BA/BS college degree Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Demand Planning or Mathematics.
- Candidates with Life Sciences and Supply Chain Management background must demonstrate strong statistical fundamentals as they relate to supply chain planning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressive analytical role, preferably demand planning or commercial forecasting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is required, SAP experience preferred.
- Strong fundamental understanding of statistical techniques underlying supply chain management, , creativity and possess designing fiscal modeling skills.
- Good examining and reasoning skills is beneficial
- Characterization of the variability in demand a must have for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.