Sales Director – Italy
Location: Padova, Italy, Remote
Responsible for commercial sales and marketing activity in Italy and specifically managing an agent network, to achieve short- and long-term financial goals.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving direct sales revenues in Italy for the selected portfolio of products to meet our 5-year goals through an agent network by increasing end-user adoption.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Directly managing sales and promotional marketing in Italy.
- Directly, and via and an Italian agent network, develop and manage our business and contractual relationships with end-user customers in Italy to drive growth.
- Develop an agent contract to facilitate the establishment of a strong agent network in Italy.
- Manage the agent network in Italy (remotely and in-field) to meet both revenue and margin goals. Monitor and drive agent sales performance and take appropriate actions where necessary.
- Manage in-market end user pricing in Italy to meet both revenue & margin goals.
- Build and manage processes for agent sales forecasting – managing and collating agent forecasts. Communicate consolidated forecasts up through the organization.
- Work collaboratively with sales agents to ensure strong product knowledge, strong sales message delivery and therefore high in-call selling success; organizing and participating in sales & product training required.
- Work collaboratively with sales agents to drive Anika product strategies and positioning in the Italian sales regions.
- Work directly and with agents to win and retain major accounts.
- Develop and execute on any essential market access requirements and barriers, leveraging organizational resources.
- Working with Marketing, ensure a promotional presence at key Italian congresses and surgeon training events.
- Develop direct KOL relationships in the region, to feed into marketing activity or drive local adoption.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service and Logistics to ensure execution of revenue driving back office activities.
- Manage consignment instrumentation investment and tracking, utilizing organizational resources.
- Ensure all commercial activity in Italy, direct or through agents, meets our corporate compliance standards, as well as all applicable local laws.
Commercial leadership through an agent network in a complex market environment with rapid changes in competitive landscape. Dealing with high level clinical opinion leaders. Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth.
Indirect agent network (external)
- Bachelor’s degree in, Life Sciences, Business Management or equivalent qualification. MBA desirable.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven commercial management / leadership experience within a medical device sector, preferably sports medicine and / or joint preservation, in Italy, looking after sales more than $5M
- Experience in managing Sales Agents in Italy.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in Sports Medicine and / or Joint Preservation.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal stakeholders who have English as a first language.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Operational colleagues to drive sales support solutions.
- Experience of developing and driving large commercial deals.
- Skilled in developing analytical commercial models in excel.
- Experience in forecasting and managing forecast processes
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a country and International KOL level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
- Ability to travel nationally approx. 50% of the time, sometimes for extended periods.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.