Location: Bedford, MA
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Procurement function. The position involves management of buyers as well as general procurement and delivery of cGMP materials to ensure optimal operation of the Supply Chain and procurement of non-inventory materials for general business needs.
The Purchasing Supervisor works closely with management to develop best practices that ensure safety, quality, compliance, and cost reduction as well as support on time and in full delivery to internal and external customers.
- Oversees the purchasing of materials, supplies, equipment and services for all departments using SAP to evaluate procurement requirements according to approved standard operating procedures
- Trains and supervises the Purchasing staff to assure effective performance; aligns team efforts to department and company goals
- Prepares supplier forecasts, backorder projections, inventory analysis based on changes in commercial forecasts
- Researches and evaluates suppliers based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including price competitiveness, quality, delivery, service, support, financial health, and performance history
- Seeks new suppliers and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, and delivery; must be able to successfully negotiate solutions, pricing and terms with tact and diplomacy.
- Works with Management to ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, maintained and have considered all cost variables, including taxes and fees
- Works with the logistics team to determine optimal delivery terms, rates, custom documentation requirements, and freight class supporting domestic and international shipping requirements
- Collaborates/Partners with warehousing on inbound delivery schedules and volumes
- Ensures alignment with Supply Chain planning to optimize Import For Export (IFE) materials entering the country; provides required documentation to FDA ensuring IFE compliance
- Enhances supplier development by communicating performance standards, developing joint improvement initiatives, and actively soliciting formal feedback
- Drives quick resolution with suppliers relative to delivery, quality, and service issues in a collaborative and professional fashion
- Provides feedback to supplier contacts and their management team to assure continuous improvement in areas not meeting supply chain KPIs
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors
- Resolves open invoices quickly with Finance to ensure vendors are paid on time
- Establishes and maintains standard cost
- Reviews Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reports and takes appropriate actions to correct unfavorable trends
- Support timely completion of key supply chain related projects, change controls and initiatives and provide status updates to management upon request
The Purchasing Supervisor has responsibility for the planning, forecasting, purchasing and delivery of medical device and drug product materials meeting internal and external customer expectations. The position requires strong analytical and persuasive skills. Erroneous or mistimed decisions and or communication may cause critical delays or cost impact and may have effect on the company’s performance.
The incumbent must demonstrate consistent initiative, be capable of working independently and within a team with a sense of urgency and possess creativity to identify and recommend beneficial changes through Leadership influence. Must have a “lead by example”, “solution-focused” mentality. Prior supervisory experience and a proven track record in developing high performance teams in involving Buyer/Planner direct reports required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered
- Minimum of 1year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in cGMP manufacturing, including managing both domestic and international suppliers
- Demonstrated experience with quality system regulations and MRP/ ERP systems, preferably SAP S/4 HANA
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.