Location: Bedford, MA
The Production Planner is responsible for all overseeing all activities relating to production planning and capacity analysis of Anika’s operations. The position works closely with the Senior Master Scheduler, Manufacturing, and Packaging managers to ensure continuous and optimal production. The role encompasses understanding inventory management policies for finished goods supply, to raw material replenishment.
This position will interface with other cross functional teams from purchasing, quality, and warehousing to ensure production goals are met.
All activities must follow FDA, GMP, ISO and Corporate Quality System regulations.
- Oversee the scheduling of production materials to ensure optimal production levels are maintained
- Respond to production issues and adjust planning schedule as required
- Communicate any major variations to affected parties and escalate to senior management where applicable
- Create planned deviations
- Conduct investigation of Non-conformances
- Analyze capacity and identify any potential bottlenecks in the production system and propose/implement solutions
- Monitor inventory levels of raw material and coordinate with Buyer/Planner to expediate orders
- Participate in the review of the company’s inventory policy and make recommendations on adjustments to avoid risk of slow moving/obsolescent materials
- Track, measure, and report key metrics of performance versus plan
- Other projects and activities as required
The job requires the individual to work on problems of diverse scope requiring planning of complex operations. The position exercises broad judgment within generally defined practices and policies, and acts as advisor and trainer to resolve technical problems and meet schedules. Erroneous or mistimed decisions may cause critical delays or cost impact and may have an immediate effect on the company’s success. The position interacts internally with peers and management and may interact with customers.
Ability to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or supply chain or relevant work experience
- +5 years of experience in production planning in a commercialized setting where manufacturing of bulk active ingredients as well as finished products is conducted
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an FDA regulated environment; GMP experience required
- Demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and results orientation
- Provide high energy and a readiness to collaborate with internal resources
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- APICS certification, CPIM, or CPM preferred
- Experience with injectable products is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.