Production and Planning Manager
Location: Sarasota, FL
Summary of Functions:
The Production and Planning Manager is responsible for overseeing all Materials Management and Production Planning and Assembly functions within the organization including:
- management and training of manufacturing personnel;
- scheduling work orders and purchasing materials in order to meet the demands of the business and its customers;
- ensuring compliance with the Parcus Medical Quality Management System (QMS) and applicable regulations/standards;
- seeking ways to continuously improve the operations of the organization.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Operations
Major Duties and Responsibilities/Authority:
- Review and understand all associated training instructions deemed appropriate for position.
- Overseeing all Materials Management functions, which include Purchasing, Warehouse Operations, and Shipping and Receiving associated personnel.
- Overseeing all Production Planning and Assembly functions, which include machining, molding, and cleanroom assembly and packaging operations.
- Scheduling work orders/purchasing materials to meet the demands of the business and its customers
- Generating and approving Purchase Orders
- Managing manufacturing personnel and ensuring they are trained for the functions they perform.
- Member of the Management Review Board (MRB) and point person for addressing all nonconformances related to Materials Management and Production Planning and Assembly.
- Part number creation and entry into JobBoss.
- (Interface and support regulatory affairs as required to help ensure production processes and facilities are in accordance with FDA, ISO, OSHA and other applicable regulators
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes
- Assist in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff
- Support Parcus Medical Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and advising others
- The employee might be frequently required to climb stairs, kneel, or crouch in accordance with job duties
- The employee must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must have good vision and communication skills.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Understand Materials Requirements Planning.
- Understand Inventory Control and Physical as well as Cycle Count monitoring.
- Prior experience managing personnel and manufacturing operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.