Product Manager, Sports Medicine
Location: Remote, Sarasota, FL
The Product Manager (PM) will work directly for the Director, Product Strategy to manage a broad range of upstream product responsibilities focused on new development programs within our sports medicine portfolios. This role manages the full life cycle of the product portfolio as well as identifying strategic new projects and initiatives. Takes a lead role on new product development teams, providing marketing expertise throughout the development phases and fully preparing new products for successful commercialization while working closely with the downstream marketing and commercial teams. Internal subject matter expert on products, competitors, and market dynamics. Develops product level strategies and provides tactical content to Marketing Operations (sales education, medical education, marketing communications) for collaborative execution.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
Idea phase: develop initial opportunity assessment, solicit and document KOL input, identify and communicate market needs/user needs, leverage market expertise, provide recommendations to NPD teams and business development as needed, identify opportunities for strategic competitive advantages
Concept phase: create full opportunity assessment, develop financial model, obtain HCP feedback on concept, engage thought leaders with potential to influence early commercialization, track vs initial assumptions, lead marketing function on NPD team
Feasibility phase: conduct market research to validate product assumptions, obtain further HCP feedback; coordinate for hands on (lab) experiences, further develop thought leaders to support launch, assess differentiators to develop positioning, define go to market strategy and pricing, provide input to IFU, packaging
Qualification phase: support validation labs, engage HCPs in market research to confirm launch strategy, develop tactical launch plan, collaborate on sales training/KOL training content development, develop critical plans: publication, med education, launch tools, social media, marketing automation, training, develop initial forecast and build plan
Pre-commercial: support the development of comprehensive launch materials as the product expert: pricing guidelines, brochure, VAC kit, technique guide, surgical videos, social media (SM) content, marketing automation (MA) content, website content, LMS training modules, med ed content, KOL presentations (w/ KOLs), incorporate content into conference strategy, anticipate FAQs; prepare responses, anticipate objections; prepare responses
- Develops and manages business cases to support new project initiatives
- Identify gaps within product portfolios and provide recommendations for new areas of investment.
- Works collaboratively across sports medicine, regenerative medicine, and biologic portfolios/teams
- Creates marketing strategic plan for new projects including market analysis, customer targets, value proposition, desired claims, and tactics
- Actively support and provide guidance to sales teams, development, clinical, and regulatory teams as needed.
- Collaborates with sales leadership to ensure that the development and implementation of programs, tools, and services incorporate field input, and are executed with consistency
- Conducts regular field visits to gain additional customer insights, as well as evaluate effectiveness of marketing programs, collateral, and services.
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics for all initiatives/tactics, maximize high ROI activities, and adjust the investment or the tactic itself for lower-performing initiatives
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop business intelligence activities and gather competitive intelligence as well feedback on programs
- Estimated 30% travel
On site support to marketing coordinators
B.A. or B.S. required. MBA preferred
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 2-4 years of successful marketing experience in medical device; orthopedics preferred with preference toward sports medicine
- Highly organized and process driven
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with significant autonomy
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Strong presentation and training experience
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Team player
- Previous experience in sports medicine repair is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.