Location: Sarasota, FL
The Packaging Technician will perform intermediate technical packaging operations, such as building subassemblies and packaging medical devices inside of a cleanroom.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Kit parts using traveler and bill of materials
- Detail oriented and has the ability to count appropriate quantities
- Prepare sealed pouches for testing and record results
- Documents work in batch records and forms
- Maintain current training on all assigned procedures to include read & understood, skills development and training activities as required
- Understand cleaning requirements and associated paperwork
The position requires responsibility of self-inspection of parts, operation of pouch sealers and various assembly fixtures, and electronic files where adherence to proper safety and cGMP procedure is required in order to perform work activities. The Packaging Technician usually receives little instruction on routine work and detailed instructions and training on complex assignments.
- Minimum High School/Trade School or GED equivalency
- Experience with cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices
- The ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- The ability to work flexible hours to complete work activities
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform general maintenance and cleaning functions
- Must have good vision and hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Previous experience working in a cleanroom wearing gowning apparel
- 2 – 4 years or related experience in a regulated environment
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.