National Sales Manager – UK
Reporting into the Business Development Director, the National Sales Manager will be responsible for developing sales strategies and managing sales team in order to achieve set sales goals, targets and revenue.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving sales growth through direct sales force into the UK market across some or all of our brands
- Identifying, developing and managing a UK Agent network in Geographically focused areas, to utilize local expertise and networks to drive growth
- Engaging and building commercial network and presence at a national framework level to position Anika with access to large public tenders
- Develop talent and a winning culture throughout the sales force.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Determine and manage the market pricing, framework engagement and management of margin.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with KOLs, both clinical and commercial
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Manage and oversee the daily operations the UK sales organisation
- Monitor and analyse performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Coach and improve sales force effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with the global business to deliver marketing and brand assets. Including Regulatory, Product Managers, Medical Education, Marketing and Operations.
- Keep abreast of new product launches and ensure sales team members actively involved
Commercial and Talent Leadership throughout the UK business and engaged in the complexities of the NHS. Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth
Front line salespeople. This may well evolve over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Life Sciences, Business Management or equivalent qualification.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven sales management / leadership experience within a medical device sector, ideally Sports Medicine or Orthopedics, looking after sales >$2M
- Ideally Experience of managing direct sales teams or managing a diverse distributor base or 3rd party sales agents.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in therapy or clinical area.
- Ability to clearly communicate across cultures and with partners who don’t have English as a first language.
- Experience of developing and driving large commercial deals through both technical success and commercial deal construct.
- Skilled in developing financial commercial models in excel.
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a country and/ or International KOL level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
- Ability to travel nationally approx. 50% of the time, sometimes for extended periods. Potential limited International Travel to congresses and international offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.