Location: Sarasota, FL
The Material Specialist will perform all receiving for both Parcus sites. This position will also be responsible for the accurate movement of materials across the manufacturing environment and between sites. The Material Specialist will also be responsible for general shop cleaning and maintenance activities.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Accurately receive materials in accordance with designated work instructions
- Move materials as necessary throughout the production area and between sites
- Maintain current training on all assigned procedures
- Understand all receiving and material handling expectations and perform all work in an accurate and timely manner.
The position requires great attention to detail and the ability to transfer number without transposing. Adherence to proper safety and cGMP procedure is required in order to perform work activities. The Material Specialist usually receives little instruction on routine work and detailed instructions and training on complex assignments.
- Minimum High School/Trade School or GED equivalency
- Experience with cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices
- Experience working with SAP
- The ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Detail oriented and has the ability to count appropriate quantities
- The ability to work flexible hours to complete work activities
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform general maintenance and manufacturing functions
- Must have good vision and hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Previous experience in receiving and material handling
- Previous experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- 2 – 4 years or related experience in a regulated environment
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.