Master Data Operations Specialist (SAP)
Location: Sarasota, FL
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Master Data Operations Specialist will be responsible for supporting the master data process and day-to-day operations. This includes daily request management, ensuring inquiries are addressed in a timely manner with accurate, complete, consistent, and valid master data, including data set up, maintenance, and approval. The role is vital to daily operations and enables critical supply chain, manufacturing, and customer service processes. The MDOS sustains various global master data and strives for the continuous improvement of data and the relevant systems in which it resides.
The candidate will support master data initiatives as required by the business, including special projects and ERP implementations/upgrades ensuring total data quality by working hand-in-hand with multiple end-to-end teams – SAP Project Team, IT and Global process owners across multiple business lines. Work to identify areas where compliance input and escalation is required to ensure consistency in the application of criteria across Anika.
- Daily request management and end-to-end master data maintenance – support daily operations by monitoring and addressing all open requests related to master data ensuring inquiries are addressed in a timely manner, data is accurate and complete within the SAP S/4 system.
- Coordinate and execute master data creation, part numbers creation, updates and analysis using various ERP systems.
- Collect, consolidate, maintain, and cleanse data in collaboration with global functional experts, including mass changes.
- Monitor data, ensure records are accurate, complete, and compliant.
- Identify and report maintenance related issues, analyze root causes and resolve issues.
- Actively contribute to further develop standards, processes, procedures, overall data governance. As needed, create and formalize processes such as work instructions and process flows to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Provide training and guidance regarding master data processes, ensuring compliance.
- Cross train with and provide back-up for team members as required, support onboarding for new team members.
- Understand impact of design changes from Engineering through Supply Chain into Production while also considering impacts to other departments (Sales & Distribution, Service, etc.).
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in domain and or business units.
- Other projects as assigned.
Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting method and techniques for obtaining solutions. Experience working in the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical regulated environment required.
No direct reports. Has responsibility to oversee diverse teams in the implementation of projects.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Completion of a community college diploma or university degree
- 3 -5 years with specific knowledge around SAP master data (various modules such as Quality, Material, Customer, Vendor, Service & Repair, BOMS, etc.)
- Previous experience in Master Data Governance & Master Data Management within a fast-paced manufacturing, or medical device industry. This can be a combination of data quality expertise, data stewardship, in which key stewards understand data lineage and usage
- Familiarity with structured engineering change management environment using some form of Quality Management System
- Excellent data entry/computer systems skills and word processing skills – including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio)
- Strong analytical thinking and methodical problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to understand and investigate topics related to multiple business areas
- Able to efficiently prioritize work and timely inform stakeholders on the progress
- Self-motivated and quick thinker willing to take immediate action, pursue stakeholders and perform tasks to get the job done.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Some national travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.