The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for commercial manufacturing operations for film and fiber terminally sterilized medical device products. The position ensures the effective scheduling and utilization of materials, equipment and personnel in producing quality products meeting customer delivery requests and internal performance targets.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Provide leadership and direction for all HYAFF Manufacturing personnel
- Optimize resources within assigned areas to maintain compliance standards and cost discipline
- Provide leadership and accountability to meet corporate goals
- Design, implement and participate in projects and activities which support the growth of the company
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Identify and implement process improvements that results in the reduction in cost of production.
- Drive continuous improvement activities (finite scheduling, MDI, 5S, ect) resulting in efficiencies and predictive planning.
- Coordinate activities with other operational groups (Engineering, Quality, Facilities, Materials, Packaging) to ensure schedules are met on time
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to implement deviations, change control, corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure MRP compliance for all manufacturing related activities are completed accurately and within allotted time frames
- Ensure processes and activities are compliant with FDA current good manufacturing practices, relevant international regulations as well as OSHA and EPA requirements
- Manage department operating budget to approved targets
- Responsible for the development and coaching of employees to ensure the proper level of performance
- Complete performance appraisals and organizational audits to assess the current and future needs of the organization and implement plans to assure future needs are addressed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Schedule daily operations for assigned manufacturing functions and assign work to teams; resolve issues on the floor as required
- Review GMP documents for accuracy prior to submission to quality
The HAYFF Supervisor has the primary responsibility for manufacture and delivery of product meeting internal and external customer expectations. Erroneous or mistimed decisions may cause critical delays or cost impact and may have an immediate effect on the company’s success. The job entails strong technical, analytical, leadership and team-building skills.
Responsible for first line supervision of Manufacturing Technicians
- Degree in technical discipline (Engineering, Manufacturing, ect) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in cGMP pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing involving films and fibers.
- Thorough knowledge of applied pharmaceutical and/or medical device GMPs in a commercial manufacturing operation involving process improvements and cost savings.
- Demonstrated experience as a floor change agent implementing manufacturing process improvements.
- At least 3 years of experience with SAP or MRP transactions, reporting, and fact checking.
- Ability to work autonomously.