IT Senior Business Analyst
Location: Bedford, MA
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The IT Sr. Business Analyst (BA) for Finance works collaboratively with the business users and the extended IT solution delivery team to gather and understand business requirements to translate these requirements through analysis and design into functional solutions. The BA must analyze current needs, anticipate future needs, and provide solutions for our operations, finance, and commercial teams in integrating various business operations into one ERP platform. Primary activities include the analysis, design, and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities, enabled by SAP functionality and related integrated applications, as well as other business application opportunities.
The BA will engage a variety of stakeholders to understand their business needs and help identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, aligning with the long-term business strategy. The BA should possess strong/broad SAP expertise along with strong presentation and interpersonal skills. This position supports the Company’s global SAP needs and will be located in our Bedford, MA facility, and may occasionally require travel.
- Responsible for leading initiatives and providing consultation to a global user community, consistently applying a consultative approach to establish more efficient ways to utilize business systems.
- Provide consultancy for the best practice processes. Initiate necessary business process re-engineering to have effective and efficient operations.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business & operations requirements and system goals, identify and resolve systems issues.
- Provide expert level of business process guidance on business requirements, concept, design, realization and support.
- Identify cross-functional topics and ensure the process are aligned across ERP modules and other supporting applications
- Participate in testing and implementation of enhancements across the SAP functions primarily FI & CO modules and seamlessly integrate with other SAP modules such as SD, PP, MM, SM, QM & WM.
- Act as Liaison between business users and implementation partners
- Participate in the demand management process to assist the business in establishing business cases relating to new systems or existing system changes.
- Develop business process models and workflows
- Recommend, develop, or modify reporting and electronic workflows based on user needs, requests, or the candidate’s suggestions of best practice
- Integrate data between disparate systems, including data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Solicit training needs and train application users through group and individual mentoring in test and live environments
- Provide Tier II application support post Go Live, conduct system troubleshooting as requested by users and following through to resolution
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value beyond job requirements
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- A bachelor’s degree combined with at least 8-10 year’s relevant business experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a SAP project environment (S/4 HANA and Fiori experience preferred)
- A minimum of 3-5 full lifecycle implementations and migrations
- Strong functional configuration skills in one or more areas (FI, CO, SD)
- A broad knowledge of the business-related processes of a publicly traded, manufacturing organization
- Strong knowledge in SAP finance business functions such as accounts receivables, payables, billing, product costing, general ledger, month end closing and other finance activities from IT perspective
- Expert level experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Visio, SharePoint and workflow tools
- Advanced knowledge of SAP implementation methodology best practice
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices, methodologies and tools
- Broad understanding of SAP modules and key functionality
- Deep knowledge of ERP systems and technologies
- Working knowledge of SAP Reporting and BI tools (SAP Analytics Cloud preferred)
- Skilled in data extraction and transformation using standard tools
- Proven experience collaborating with 3rd parties
- Working knowledge of cGMP, SOX 404 and FDA CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- High level of flexibility, with strong abilities in time management and prioritization
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.