International Sales Manager – UK
Working under the guidance of the Business Development Director (BDD), responsible for the development of sales growth through selected established distributors within the specified region.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving sales growth through selected existing distributors, by commercial analysis, developing profitable commercial solutions to facilitate growth acceleration, and providing targeted training and technical support.
- Driving rapid uptake of new products in the existing distributor base.
- Geographic focus would be on a short to medium term project or semi-permanent basis, country by country, depending on commercial need; as directed by the BDD.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- In agreement with the relevant BDD, take ownership of specific distribution partners on a short- or long-term project basis to diagnose, define and execute targeted portfolio growth opportunities. Potential areas for commercial solutions may include:
- In-Market product positioning and value proposition.
- Delivery of sales messages, sales training / knowledge
- Distributor focus, mind-share and motivation.
- Loss of registration or regulatory barriers
- Become technical expert in focused areas of the Anika portfolio and disseminate to field-based distributor teams to deliver growth in specific areas
- Ensuring that the Distributor base has the technical knowledge and key sales messaging to achieve or exceed the in-market financial goals. Work collaboratively with distributors to ensure strong sales message delivery and selling success through the local sales channel; organizing and participating in sales training as required.
- Work collaboratively with distribution partners to drive Anika product strategies and positioning in local markets.
- Monitor key distributor sales performance (remotely and in-field) and take appropriate action.
- Work collaboratively with local distributor partners to win and retain major key accounts that are meaningful at an international level.
- Support Anika trade show and Med Programs; Support key distributor trade shows and events.
- Develop strategically important direct KOL relationships in the region, to feed into marketing activity or drive local adoption.
- Liaison between cross functional departments and distributor if needed
Technical and Commercial Leadership across multiple countries and health care systems within an indirect sales model. Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth
- Bachelor’s degree in, Life Sciences, Business Management or equivalent qualification.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven sales management / leadership experience within a medical device sector, ideally Sports Medicine or Orthopedics, looking after sales >$2M
- Ideally Experience of managing direct sales teams or managing a diverse distributor base or 3rd party sales agents.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in therapy or clinical area.
- Ability to clearly communicate across cultures and with partners who don’t have English as a first language.
- Experience of developing and driving large commercial deals through both technical success and commercial deal construct.
- Skilled in developing financial commercial models in excel.
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a country and/ or International KOL level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
- Ability to travel internationally approx. 60% of the time, sometimes for extended periods.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.