Human Resources/ Talent Acquisition Generalist
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Human Resources Generalist/Talent Acquisition is responsible for providing day-to-day functional HR guidance of Anika’s human resources programs and policies and talent acquisition/recruiting support. This individual will divide their time as appropriate providing HR support utilizing company policies and procedures in all HR functional areas including talent acquisition/recruiting (company-wide), performance management, employee relations, total compensation. The person will collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization to analyze business and human resources needs and develops and implements effective best practice human resource solutions.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Design, implement and participate in projects and activities which support the growth of the company
- Optimize resources within assigned areas to maintain compliance standards and cost discipline
- Create a positive image of Anika through communication and interaction with key stakeholders including employees, customers, partners, vendors, and appropriate government and regulatory authorities
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a multitude of HR operational activities including talent acquisition/recruiting support (company-wide, employee onboarding, HRIS, benefit administration, leave of absences and reporting as well as employee relations, performance management and employee exits.
- Support Manager Talent Acquisition and provide recruiting support to include new hire/requisition development, job posting, candidate sourcing, resume screening, schedule coordination, interviewing, reference execution, offer letters, and hire process completion.
- Maintain HRIS system and collaborate with Payroll on related items
- Involvement in Anika’s Wellness initiative and work with other appropriate parties to coordinate company events and activities for Sarasota office.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to management.
- Produce, manage, maintain HR related metrics/reports/dashboards
- Serve as the primary employee contact for Sarasota/Parcus for all questions relating to Anika’s group benefit plans, onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Counsel managers and supervisors and work toward problem resolutions relating to performance management, corrective action, compensation, and employee relations issues.
- Manage employee leaves (STD, LOA, Worker’s comp.) for the Sarasota office.
- Collaborate and support on Anika performance management, merit, bonus and MBO setting process
- Other HR projects as required
The HR Generalist/Talent Acquisition works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. The position exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, and frequently interacts with both inside and outside “customers” at various management levels. Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience within human resources including robust talent acquisition/recruiting focus
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential matters discreetly
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of HR related Federal, State Employment/Labor Laws
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- HRIS experience or other database experience such as ADP/SAP preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Previous experience in the life sciences industry
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time
- Understands and appreciates diversity across cultures and people
- Capable of creative approaches to HR and business issues by providing value-added consultation
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.