CNC Swiss Screw Machine Programmer
Location: Sarasota, FL
Parcus Medical is a manufacturer & distributor of orthopedic implants. We are in need of someone with a strong background in CNC Machining. The ideal candidate should be able to perform simple set ups and operate CNC equipment specializing in CNC Swiss Screw Machines with limited supervision. Experience with Star or Citizen screw machines is plus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities/Authority:
- Tool replacement and adjustment without supervision;
- Perform simple set-ups with limited supervision;
- Material picking and issuing for job and record keeping;
- Continued improvement in inspection techniques and ability to identify cause or problem or need for correction;
- Making offsets and adjustments to running program as necessary;
- Perform all aspects of mechanical inspection for parts being manufactured as necessary;
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes;
- Follow verbal and written instructions;
- Assist in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff;
- Support Parcus Medical Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and advising others
- Must be able to reach into machines for tooling changes and adjustments and be able to perform general maintenance;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighing up to 30 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the manufacturing, inspection, and testing of Parcus Medical components and products.
- The employee must be able to spend long periods of time standing.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail, self-driven, inquisitive or inspection frame of mind, positive attitude and a team player.
- The ability to retain knowledge on a variety of machines and processes.
- Willingness to learn all aspects described above by way of on the job training.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.