Business Development Director: International
Location: Remote, UK
Responsible for commercial selling activity and distributor management in assigned geographic region to achieve financial goals.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving distributor sales growth and end-user adoption in the designated geographic region.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Directly managing Anika’s distributor relationships and sales in the respective region.
- In-Market Intelligence:
- Monitor distributor sales performance (remotely and in-field) and take appropriate action.
- Understand and monitor distributor in-market commercial
- Distributor management:
- Distributor forecasting – managing and collating distributor forecasts with contractual requirements and timings. Communicating forecasts up through the organization.
- Bring in distributor orders to meet quarterly forecasts and budgets.
- Manage distributor contract compliance and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Manage our portfolio of distributors in the geography: Make recommendations for new distributor selection, and distributors to exit; and execute on agreed plans.
- Manage existing distributor contracts and contract renewal.
- Liaison between head office departments and distributor for key enabling activity (such as product registrations).
- Sales Channel Development:
- Work collaboratively with distributors to ensure strong sales message delivery and selling success through the local sales channel; organizing and participating in any sales training required.
- Work collaboratively with distribution partners to drive Anika product strategies and positioning in local markets.
- Direct Commercial Activity:
- Work collaboratively with local distributor partners to win and retain major key accounts.
- Develop and execute on any essential market access requirements and barriers in individual markets or geographic regions; leveraging organizational resources.
- Support Anika trade show and Med Programs; Support key distributor trade shows and events.
- Develop direct KOL relationships in the region, to feed into marketing activity or drive local adoption.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned
Commercial leadership through 3rd parties in a complex market environment with rapid changes in competitive, reimbursement, and regulatory environments. Dealing with high level clinical opinion leaders. Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth
- Bachelor’s degree in, Life Sciences, Business Management or equivalent qualification. MBA desirable.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven commercial management / leadership experience (in direct or indirect sales channels) within a medical device sector, preferably sports medicine, joint preservation or joint pain therapies, looking after sales in excess of $10M
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in therapy or clinical area.
- Ability to clearly communicate across cultures and with partners who don’t have English as a first language.
- Experience of developing and driving large commercial deals.
- Skilled in developing analytical commercial models in excel.
- Experience in forecasting and managing forecast processes
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a country and International KOL level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
- Ability to travel internationally approx. 60% of the time, sometimes for extended periods.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.