Associate Director of Facilities
Job Title: Associate Director of Facilities
Supervisor: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for leading the Facilities department in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), ISO requirements, and industry best practices. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this position provides the results-oriented leadership and creativity required to build a world-class organization and establish robust and efficient systems. The Facilities group is responsible for the Maintenance and Calibration of all physical assets including process equipment, utilities, and site infrastructure as well as managing Capital Projects. As the company’s head of Facilities, the incumbent will manage a multimillion dollar budget and engage in proactive relationships with local, state, and federal authorities.
- Provide daily leadership and direction to Facilities team ensuring highest levels of equipment and utility uptime and maintenance of company infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve the preventative maintenance and calibration management programs in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry recognized best practices.
- Identify and negotiate with outside contractors to perform specialized repairs and maintenance.
- Develop, implement and monitor budgets; report potential budget issues and take corrective action to stay within budgets
- Design and plan facility upgrades; acts as Project Lead and coordinates all parties to meet construction deadlines and budgetary requirements
- Develop and maintain relationship with building landlord; resolve issues and concerns between the parties
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with federal, state and local authorities; represents and advocates Anika’s positions with these agencies
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Supervise internal professionals within the facilities department, including employees within the maintenance and trades. Responsible for supervision of contractors on site.
The position manages a high level of complexity and focuses on issues of both tactical and strategic significance. Manages, develops and advises subordinates. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance requirements. Frequent interactions with external officials, internal project teams and departments.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or life sciences and 10-12 years of experience in pharmaceuticals or medical devices OR Master’s degree and 8-10 years; 5 years in management / leadership positions or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of cGMP facility design, construction, and/or maintenance and a track record of managing successful capital improvement projects.
- Strong leader and manager of teams with the ability to create high performance teams and develop employees to their full potential in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with strong presentation skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to reach out and establish relationships across a global organization.