Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable/Payroll Manager and in collaboration with other AP Specialists, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for performing full-cycle accounts payable process.
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoice information to ensure validity.
- Request approval from corresponding department when applicable.
- Assess and match vendor invoices with corresponding purchase orders.
- Rectify discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders by communicating with both vendors and Anika’s purchasing department.
- Process payment requests, employee expense reports and distributor commission payments in a timely manner.
- Determine if invoices require sales and use tax in the State of MA and self-assess if applicable.
- Ensure reoccurring payments for rents, leases, utilities etc. are paid on time.
- Reconcile and process corporate card statements for accurate, timely payment.
- Process the weekly payment run, match payments with corresponding invoices and approval documentation.
- Prepare wire transfer documents for all foreign currency transactions and other electronic payments, such as ACHs, to be paid via on-line banking platform.
- Reconcile vendor statements to internal records on a regular basis. Identify errors and work with the vendor to resolve.
- Execute monthly accounts payable closing procedures including assisting in determining necessary accruals.
- Ensure compliance with internal policy and procedures.
- Assist in completing annual 1099 filings.
- Assist in gathering information for Sunshine Act Transparency reporting.
- Identify and implement improvements to create more efficient accounts payable process.
- Assist in other assignments or special projects as necessary.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice and procedures is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Requires high school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred
- ERP experience required; SAP preferred
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with colleagues and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with high volume, full cycle accounts payable
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.