INCERT®-S Absorbable Anti-Adhesion Gel
Prevent or Reduce Adhesions
INCERT-S is a clear, absorbable, viscous barrier gel proven to prevent or reduce the formation of adhesions following spinal surgery1, 2, 3. It consists of highly purified, partially cross-linked high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA).
INCERT-S functions by creating a physical barrier that keeps tissues apart to prevent the formation of adhesions. This anti-adhesion layer is then naturally absorbed by the body over time.
The INCERT-S Advantage
- Prevents or reduces adhesion formation
- Quick, easy and precise application
- Safe, natural and absorbable
INCERT-S is CE-marked for use in the prevention of post-surgical adhesions.
For additional details and information about the product, please refer to the Instructions for Use that are included in the product’s packaging.
INCERT-S is not approved for use in the United States.
- Clinical trial IGS0301, 2005. A randomized pilot study to evaluate INCERT-S for the inhibition of peridural fibrosis following unilateral, single level, lumbar discectomy with laminectomy or laminotomy. Measured by the extent of scar seen on MRI at 6-months post-surgery. Data on file Anika Therapeutics, Inc. This pilot study demonstrated safety of INCERT-S; no patient underwent re-operation for fibrosis.
- Songer M., Ghosh L., Spencer D. Effects of sodium hyaluronate on peridural fibrosis after lumbar laminotomy and discectomy. Spine, 15(6); 1990:550-554.
- Haney A.F., Doty E. A barrier composed of chemically cross-linked hyaluronic acid (INCERT-S) reduces postoperative adhesion formation. Fertility and Sterility, 68; 1997:37-42