MONOVISC® Single Injection, Lightly Cross-linked High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid
A One-Injection OA Treatment
MONOVISC is a single injection viscosupplement utilized to treat the joint pain caused by osteoarthritis. It is comprised of highly purified, partially cross-linked sodium hyaluronate (NaHA) in a phosphate buffered saline solution, and it is both biocompatible and resorbable.
With just one injection, MONOVISC provides pain relief that lasts for up to 6 months.
MONOVISC is the only non-animal sourced hyaluronic acid (HA) single injection treatment approved for use in the United States, and it delivers the maximum dose of HA currently available in any single injection treatment.
The MONOVISC Advantage1, 2, 3
- Convenient single injection treatment
- Highly concentrated, non-animal sourced HA
- Long lasting relief through 26 weeks
- Better patient compliance with a single injection than a multi injection product
- No confirmed pseudoseptic reactions reported
In the European Economic Area and other parts of the world, MONOVISC is indicated as a viscosupplement for the replacement of synovial fluid in all joints.
In the U.S. & Canada, MONOVISC is indicated for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy and to simple analgesics.
For additional details and information about the product, please refer to the Instructions for Use that are included in the product’s packaging.
- MONOVISC 0702 Pivotal Clinical Trial. FDA Monovisc Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data 2014
- Clinical Efficacy and Safety of MONOVISC. A lightly cross-linked highly concentrated hyaluronan specially formulated for single injection in osteoarthritis. White Paper Study conducted by Michael J. Daley, PhD. 2013
- Post-Approval Study of MONOVISC, A Symptomatic Treatment of Osteoarthritis, White Paper, 2012