MONOVISC® Single Injection, Lightly Cross-linked High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid
A One-Injection OA Treatment
MONOVISC is a single injection viscosupplement utilized to treat the joint pain caused by osteoarthritis. It is comprised of highly purified, partially cross-linked sodium hyaluronate (NaHA) in a phosphate buffered saline solution, and it is both biocompatible and resorbable.
With just one injection, MONOVISC provides pain relief that lasts for up to 6 months.
MONOVISC is the only non-animal sourced hyaluronic acid (HA) single injection treatment approved for use in the United States, and it delivers the highest concentration of HA currently available in a single injection treatment.
The MONOVISC Advantage1, 2, 3
- Convenient single injection treatment
- Highly concentrated, non-animal sourced HA
- Long lasting relief through 26 weeks
- Better patient compliance with a single injection than a multi injection product
- No confirmed pseudoseptic reactions reported
In the European Economic Area and other parts of the world, MONOVISC is indicated as a viscosupplement for the replacement of synovial fluid in all joints.
In the U.S. & Canada, MONOVISC is indicated for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy and to simple analgesics.
For additional details and information about the product, please refer to the Instructions for Use that are included in the product’s packaging.
- MONOVISC 0702 Pivotal Clinical Trial. FDA Monovisc Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data 2014
- Clinical Efficacy and Safety of MONOVISC. A lightly cross-linked highly concentrated hyaluronan specially formulated for single injection in osteoarthritis. White Paper Study conducted by Michael J. Daley, PhD. 2013
- Post-Approval Study of MONOVISC, A Symptomatic Treatment of Osteoarthritis, White Paper, 2012