HYALOMATRIX® Tissue Reconstruction Matrix
Naturally Powerful Protection
HYALOMATRIX is a bi-layered, sterile and flexible advanced wound care device. It is ideally suited for a range of wounds that include pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and deep second-degree burns.
HYALOMATRIX is a non-woven pad comprised of a wound contact layer made of a derivative of hyaluronic acid (HA) in fibrous form with an outer layer comprised of a semipermeable silicone membrane. The wound contact layer is biodegradable, and it acts as a 3D scaffold for cellular invasion and capillary growth. The silicone layer controls water vapor loss and provides protective coverage of the wound.
The HYALOMATRIX Advantage
- Conveniently conformable to a variety of wound sizes
- Minimizes risk of bacterial contamination with protective and flexible covering
- Simplifies monitoring – wound can be inspected without matrix removal
- Controls water vapor loss with semipermeable layer
HYALOMATRIX is a 510(k) cleared medical device for the management of wounds including:
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Second-degree burns
- Ulcers (pressure, venous, diabetic and chronic vascular)
- Surgical wounds (donor sites/grafts, post-Mohs micrographic surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence)
- Tunneled wounds
- Trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, skin tears)
- Draining wounds
HYALOMATRIX PA (Prolonged Action) is CE-marked as a dermal substitute for the immediate coverage, prior to grafting, of deep wound burns. It is also indicated for the treatment of partial- to full-thickness post-traumatic, post-surgical or deep-chronic wounds, such as vascular ulcers or diabetic foot ulcers.
HYALOMATRIX and HYALOMATRIX PA are the same product. HYALOMATRIX is the commercial name utilized solely in the United States, while HYALOMATRIX PA is the commercial name used in the rest of the world.
For additional details and information about the product, please refer to the Instructions for Use that are included in the product’s packaging.