Job Title: Systems Administrator
Supervisor: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all Information Technology systems. Manage the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network/VoIP and mobile devices, etc. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software to ensure maximum availability and optimal computing and equipment performance. This position will also be responsible for proposing and implementing system and process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
The Systems Administrator will be located in our Bedford, MA facility and may occasionally require travel.
- Install, maintain and support wide-area and local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as servers, system software, software applications, routers, switches, access-points, VoIP, modems, and cabling.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide L2/L3 support to end-users. Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Assist in the development and management of policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, backup and disaster recovery.
- Communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Collect and analyze network and server utilization and security.
- Work with Internet Service Providers and various hardware/software vendors to manage and troubleshoot server, network or application issues.
- Keep abreast of emerging Infrastructure/Systems technologies and trends and identify opportunities to leverage them to drive innovation and ensure security.
- Available on-call and after hours to monitor and respond to alerts, working with users and management to coordinate downtime for scheduled maintenance
- Manage daily and yearly infrastructure projects as assigned.
- Contribute to the infrastructure operation and strategic planning.
- Provide high quality customer service throughout every interaction.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to plan ahead, organize ideas, focus on quality, communicate clearly, solve problems methodically, and pay close attention to detail. The following knowledge and/or experience are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT Systems Support experience, preferably in publicly traded, medical device or pharmaceutical companies. Evidence of innovative thinking and high energy is required.
- A+ and Network+ or equivalent experience required.
- MCSA/MCSE certification is desired. Through knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012 installation and administration
- Network concepts such as the TCP/IP stack, network design and troubleshooting, network security, switch and router configuration, network cabling, and secure remote access protocols
- Telecommunications concepts such as VoIP, PRI, T1, MPLS, and CoS (Shoretel experience preferred)
- Data center concepts such as rack and cabinet management, cable management, hardware installation, environmental control, and power protection
- Shared storage concepts such as NAS/NFS, SAN/iSCSI, and RAID
- Virtualization concepts such as virtual hardware, resource pooling, and the virtual machine lifecycle (VMware experience preferred)
- Microsoft Active Directory concepts including user and group management, OU design, file permissions, user rights management, and Group Policy
- Microsoft Exchange management concepts such as recipient policies, storage groups, SMTP virtual servers, and security
- Microsoft SharePoint concepts such as libraries, lists, sites, workspaces, workflows, and forms libraries as well as management of security, performance, and governance
- Microsoft SQL Server concepts such as database management, backup and recovery, security, and performance tuning
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment and management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to create presentations, project plans, tables, charts, and graphs
- Conceptual knowledge of cGMP, SOX 404 and FDA CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines