Job Title: Master Scheduler
Supervisor: Director of Materials
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Maintain all activities to meet 100% on-time shipments
- Maintain effective collaboration with internal colleagues to meet corporate objectives and drive improved business results
- Design and implement programs, materials and activities which support the growth efforts of the Company.
- Maintain cost discipline within assigned programs
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Review forecasted product sales and shipment schedules with designated managers
- Develop and maintain Master Production Schedule for bulk formulation, filling, packaging and cartoning processes to ensure proper and timely shipping of finished goods to meet customer service commitments.
- Run MPS & MRP for production parts in Macola; respond to production issues and adjust planning schedule as required; communicate any major variations to affected parties. Create planned deviations when necessary for packaging.
- Primary interface for internal customers on schedule and lead weekly production scheduling meetings; work closely with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance on current order status updates to production schedule
- Initiate requests for Packaging Batch Records along with shop order execution. Coordinate material picking requirements for Packaging shop orders with warehouse staff to meet schedules
- Support Packaging Supervisor in providing capacity plan for manhours required to support Packaging Plan.
- Provide primary communication regarding distribution schedules and potential finished goods delivery issues
- Determine appropriate supply and inventory of raw material, in-process and finished goods materials and coordinate orders with Buyer Planner
- Measure and report key customer service and production metrics of performance versus plan
- Other projects and activities as required
The job requires the individual to work on problems of diverse scope requiring planning of complex operations. The position exercises broad judgment within generally defined practices and policies, and acts as advisor and trainer to resolve technical problems and meet schedules. Erroneous or mistimed decisions may cause critical delays or cost impact and may have an immediate effect on the company’s success. The position interacts internally with peers and management and may interact with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or business or relevant experience
- 3- 5 years of experience in production planning in a commercialized setting where manufacturing of bulk active ingredients as well as finished products is conducted
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- APICS certification, CPIM, or CPM preferred
- Proven professional communication skills – listening, oral and written
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to define creative alternatives and recommendations
- Provide high energy and a readiness to collaborate with internal resources
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and results orientation
- Experience with injectable products is desirable
- Experience with international imports/exports a plus