EMEA Sales Manager
Job Title: EMEA Sales Manager
Supervisor: Director Global Market Development
- Works closely with distributors to develop and support market strategies and tactics to achieve annual Anika sales and share objectives. Monitors revenue and expense forecasts to achieve overall revenue and earnings targets.
- Actively assesses and manages distributor performance in the field to ensure appropriate product positioning and messaging. Makes recommendations and takes action as appropriate.
- Identifies, recommends and executes new distribution partnerships.
- Identifies and develops relationships with key customers and opinion leaders.
- Gathers and assesses critical information on country specific market dynamics: trends, competition, pricing, reimbursement.
- Provides consistent and accurate revenue forecasts. Works closely with distributors with regards to order and inventory management.
- Engages in ongoing communications and negotiations with existing and potential distributors to facilitate efficient and productive relationships.
- In conjunction with marketing develops product strategies and manages implementation of product line campaigns and programs.
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of company, executive management, partners, and appropriate external audiences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position has primary responsibility for the achievement of the annual net sales budgets and market share goals. The job requires individual to provide concise assessments of situations and projects with recommendations to executive management for decision-making on a regular basis. The job entails assessment of data and execution of projects on multiple levels, ranging from strategy to detailed tactical programs, requiring strong, intuitive and analytical decision-making abilities with action orientation. Because the position requires management of multiple projects, priorities and customer contacts on a regular basis, the job requires the individual to have significant organizational abilities and intuition regarding type of communication to be most effective.
Distribution network – EMEA
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- B.A. or B.S. minimum requirement; MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred or relevant experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in medical device or pharmaceutical companies with a proven track record of successful leadership in sales management and market development functions, marked by progressive responsibility. Evidence of innovative thinking and high energy is required.
- Extensive experience working with distributor organizations in orthopedics, biologics or injectables is required
- Experience with negotiating and executing contracts
- Strong industry and process knowledge related to selling of therapeutics and medical devices required
- Proven professional communication skills – listening, oral and written – as well as strong analytical and organizational skills are required
- Requires ability to think strategically as well as ability to define alternatives and recommendations for supporting tactical programs
- Proven participation and leadership with intra- and inter-company teams necessary
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem solving skills are mandatory
- Ability to travel significantly is required
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic differences is important. Fluency in languages other than English is desirable