Human Resources Manager (Located in Italy)
Supervisor: Deputy General Manager
Department: Human Resources – 0427
As a member of the Core Team, provides strategic input and information to meet Company goals. Plans, directs and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resource activity. Ensures all activities comply with applicable laws and regulations. Prepares budget for Human Resources activities in order to meet budgetary requirements. Ensures recruitment and selection employees to fill vacant positions. Plans new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Directs company benefits administration, including health insurance, Company car fleet, etc. Manages personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers and terminations, as well as a series of processes and annual reviews (organizational, salary, MBOs, succession, etc.). Conducts wage surveys to determine competitive wage rate.
This position will be located in Abano Terme (PD) – Italy
- Compensation, management development and succession plans, benefits administration and employee relations. Partners with Anika’s senior team to develop and implement all human resource programs, policies and processes.
- Manages and further develops the new employee orientation program.
- Prepares and maintain company succession plan and development programs to meet future growth needs.
- Continually assesses the management training needs of the company and develops appropriate programs either internally or through the securing of training resources outside the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource work performance review system, and an effective objective definition (MBOs) that supports strategic human resource initiatives and meets senior management employee appraisal.
- Effectively interacts with all levels of staff and management on a variety of personnel and human relations issues including counseling and problem solving with employees, supervisors and Unions.
- Analyzes wage and salary surveys to ensure that Anika has a competitive compensation plan. Guarantees that accurate job descriptions are in place for all employees.
- Supervise the payroll elaborations and manage the relationship with the external payroll provider.
- Supervise and coordinate a range of activities such as those defined by the following: Law 231 (D.Lgs. 231/2001), Privacy Law (D.Lgs. 196/2003), Safety Law (D.Lgs. 81/2008), etc.
- Develops and maintains an effective recruitment program that identifies and attracts outstanding talent into the organization. Manages vendors providing recruiting-oriented services to Anika, including relations with employment agencies. Screens resumes, maintains file and databases, schedules interviews, tracks recruiting and budget expenses. Ensures the effective use of technology to enhance the recruiting and hiring process.
One administrative person.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 – 10 years management experience in human resources working as manager in international and multicultural contests.
- A graduate degree with a heavy concentration in human resource management is preferred.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Strong recruitment capabilities.
- Experience with Sales Agents management.
- Solid Union management competences.
- Must have professional style, be a collaborator and team player who recognizes that leadership, is based on influence, credibility, trust and respect.
- Must have the ability to translate, establish and executive human resource strategy and concepts into actionable plans in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to work within a growing company: business awareness and commercial focus.
- Leadership and strong management skills.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain the legal framework regulating employment.
- Integrity and approachability.