Associate Director, HR Business Partner
Supervisor: VP Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The HR Business Partner is responsible for identifying, designing and implementing programs to meet the needs of the human capital of the Company. The position is responsible for providing strategic and day-to-day functional HR guidance and support of Anika’s human resources programs, policies and procedures. The HR Business Partner works with individuals at all levels of the organization to analyze business and human resources needs and develops and implements effective solutions and value added services that reflect the business objectives of the organization, the people and the culture. Included will be appropriate talent acquisition, employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, change management, training, and HRIS activities. The HR Business Partner will help create and deliver high impact workforce strategies and drive solutions that strengthen organizational effectiveness and efficiencies. The HR Business Partner will manage projects which assist with the attraction, development and retention of employees. The HR Business Partner also works cross functionally as assigned on projects key to the growth of the Company.
- Serves as an employee contact and subject matter expert for information relating to all of Anika’s human capital policies, programs and procedures including Anika’s group benefit plans.
- Counsels managers and supervisors and works towards problem resolution relating to talent acquisition, onboarding, employee engagement, performance management, succession planning, corrective action, compensation, organizational and employee development, employee retention and employee relations issues. Ensures company’s legal risks are minimized by prompt action and appropriate proactive measures. May participate in designing and delivering training and education sessions on employment law matters and other employee relations/development areas.
- Determines the most effective, efficient and cost conscious sourcing methods for recruiting candidates for specific positions. Creates and delivers effective talent acquisition initiatives and activities. Provides full cycle talent acquisition expertise including job description development, sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, evaluating, offer development, candidate closure and onboarding.
- Performs training assessments and designs programs using internal and external resources. Prepares and delivers training programs on a variety of topics. Manages the training budget to maximize return on training investments.
- Completes organizational audit/succession planning initiatives and analyzes results, making recommendations for future training and developmental requirements. Assists line managers in the implementation of developmental programs.
- Participate in annual compensation survey activities including compensation analysis and market pricing for the annual review process and Board approval.
- Prepares, implements and analyzes employee climate surveys. Makes recommendations and implements programmatic changes as required.
- Completes a variety of projects in conjunction with other departments and functions as assigned.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned
The position is relatively complex in nature, requiring an understanding of human resource concepts, state and federal employment law/guidelines and current industry trends. A solid working knowledge of the Company, product lines, business model and corporate goals/objectives is required.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business, MBA/advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience as an HR Generalist. Experience within a life sciences, medical devices/pharmaceutical environment preferred. Experience in both commercial and manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver training programs.
- The ability to seek information required to complete a variety of tasks.
- The ability to communicate effectively across disciplines, gather information and perform analysis.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time.
- The ability to influence others to action.