Director Global Market Development
Job Title: Director Global Market Development
- Attains sales and market share objectives as defined by Anika’s annual operational plan. Monitors revenue and expense forecasts to achieve overall revenue and earnings targets.
- Actively assesses and manages distributor performance to ensure achievement of revenue goals and contractual commitments. Makes recommendations and takes action as appropriate.
- Provides consistent and accurate revenue forecasts to senior leadership.
- Identifies and evaluates the strategic and financial prospects of new market opportunities. Pursues and executes partnerships where appropriate.
- Engages in ongoing communications and negotiations with existing and potential distributors, partners and commercial collaborations to facilitate effective, efficient and productive business relationships.
- Establishes and implements appropriate development strategies to support country and region specific commercialization and licensing efforts.
- In conjunction with marketing develops product strategies and manages implementation of product line campaigns and programs.
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of company, executive management, partners, and appropriate external audiences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- B.A. or B.S. minimum requirement; MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred or relevant experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in medical device or pharmaceutical companies with a proven track record of successful leadership in sales management and market development functions, marked by progressive responsibility. Evidence of innovative thinking and high energy is required.
- Extensive experience in both domestic and international markets working with distributor organizations is required.
- Experience with negotiating and executing contracts.
- Proven professional communication skills – listening, oral and written – as well as strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Requires ability to think strategically as well as ability to define alternatives and recommendations for supporting tactical programs.
- Proven participation and leadership with intra- and inter-company teams necessary.
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem solving skills are mandatory.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic differences is important. Fluency in languages other than English is desirable.