Director, Corporate Controller
Job Title: Director, Corporate Controller
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller’s primary responsibility is to lead the financial operations of the company. Functional responsibilities include directing the accounting operations, developing, and maintaining budgetary controls and procedures, preparing technical accounting analysis, and preparing internal and external financial reports. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for continuing to support the growth of the company with business process improvements, enhancement of, and compliance with internal controls.
- Effectively manages the Finance department to meet the company’s financial and reporting requirements.
- Participate and lead the quarterly review and annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
- Directs and oversees the consolidation of corporate and subsidiaries financial statements. Prepared financial analysis including key performance metrics.
- Directs the preparation of financial statements with associated footnotes, and SEC filings with primary emphasis on 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, Proxy Statement, and 8K’s.
- Manages budget preparation including establishing budgetary controls and procedures and ongoing financial forecasting.
- Oversees the Company’s tax, payroll and accounts payable functions, and manages stock option and 401(k) plans.
- Monitors foreign currency transaction and translation gains/losses. Assesses needs for minimizing currency risks, and manages related programs if applicable.
- Assists operations management and commercial operations in developing product pricing guidelines and specific customer proposals.
- Assists with treasury management activities including corporate banking and investment management, and allocate funds between entities.
- Primary contact for the company’s corporate insurance policies, and directors and officers insurance policy. Prepare annual renewal applications and review insurance premium audit results.
- Assists with potential strategic transactions, or other related financial transactions.
- Performs other duties as required.
Provides direct supervision to staff and is responsible for developing staff to meet annual corporate goals, as well as anticipated Company growth. Develops and manages 3 direct reports and 3 indirect reports.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Minimum 10+ years related experience, with at least 5 years public company experience and 3 years public accounting experience.
- CPA required.
- Experience and strong knowledge of revenue recognition, international consolidations, corporate income tax, foreign currency transactions, inventory cost accounting, stock-based compensation, and complex accounting area technical research.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems is a plus. ERP implementation experience is preferred.
- Function as a finance leader and as a strategic team player in the organization.
- Proven track record in adding value to companies and executive staff.
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently.